Wedding Sermon OutlineBy Staff
My oldest son was married just a few months ago. At the ceremony which I officiated I shared as most ministers do, a brief message as a charge to them before they exchanged their vows. Following is a brief outline of the message which may be something you could use as well.
A Good Foundation for Your Marriage
I will briefly share five components of a strong foundation for your marriage. Keep these in your hearts and minds as you move into the future together. They will safeguard you against breakdown in your relationship with one another,
- Fellowship — Fellowship with God, fellowship with God’s people, fellowship with each other
- Friendship — The need to relate on a deep level to each other in Spirit, Soul, and Body, loving and liking each other, enjoying time together, learning each other’s love language
- Forgiveness — As we all have heard, a good marriage is made of two good forgivers. Quickly deal with resentment, bitterness, contention,etc
- Favor — Live in a way to invite the favor of God upon your lives. Favor will bring you what money can’t buy. Favor will do for you what men can’t do.
- Fun — Enjoy each day. Don’t lose the joy of the moment for the hope of something later. Jesus came that we might have joy and plenty of it. Don’t allow life’s circumstances to steal your joy.
By the way, do keep it brief!
As a husband, father, pastor, author, and web developer, Eddie lives an exciting and productive life. He holds earned Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees and is also the owner of Sermon Seedbed.
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin