Soaking in His PresenceBy
Soaking in His Presence
by Rev. Jim Bevis, CSRMinistries.org
TEXT: Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God;….
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Soaking prayer, per se, is not mentioned by the term "soaking" but what I am referring to has to do with the
"Presence of God" and its impact upon us as we still ourselves before Him.
Please consider these six observations about what it means to soak in the Presence of God:
1. Relishing in His Presence – enjoying and abiding
2. Reflecting – it is a time to reflect upon God and Who He is and What He means to you.
3. Receiving – As you are still before the Lord, listen for His voice and receive from the promise that He is with you.
4.Renewing Ourselves in His Presence – As Isiah said, as we wait before Him, there is a renewing that takes place.
5. Regaining Perspective– Soaking in His Presence is a time for us to regain the proper perspective in life. As we bring our problem before God, we can be reminded of how Big He Is. When we see our problem in light of His largeness, then our problem is seen in its true perspective. As we magnify Him we minimize our problem.
6. Resting in the Lord – Jesus invites us to come to Him and to learn from Him. When we do this, we find rest for our souls.
Jim and Anne Bevis have a wonderful ministry of renewal and a special ministry to pastors. Their teaching on marriage is authentic, inspiring and something every congregation should hear. I highly recommend them to you for consideration in doing a seminar or retreat in your church or ministry. Learn more at CSRMinistries.org.
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin