How to Lead Someone to Christ — free online bible studyBy
HOW TO LEAD SOMEOME TO CHRIST
How it comes about?
* Burdens–There are times when God burdens us to share the Gospel with a particular person. In such cases we should pray and seek the opportunity.
* Promptings–There are times when you may be prompted on the spot to share the Gospel with a person. It may be a total stranger.
* Inquirers–There may be times when someone approaches you with questions about the Christian life.
* Desire–There seems to be times when we are motivated to witness. We make opportunities.
*You should be gentle–You will never force anyone into the kingdom. You may force someone into saying they are in the kingdom.
* You should be sincere–you are not witnessing to get another notch in your Bible. You are witnessing to see lives changed from darkness to light.
*You should be persuasive–This is not being pushy. This means that you do not give people an out. They must choose for or against Christ.
*You should be compassionate–You were once also lost.
Phases of approach–
1. Initial contact and conversation
2. Transitional phase–The point where you turn from what you are talking about to the spiritual arena. Think of this as a bridge. You are to build a bridge from where the conversation is to where you want it to be.
3. The Question
The question is the point at which you directly confront the individual with the subject of spiritual things. Some examples are:
*Do you ever do much thinking about spiritual things?
*What do you think about God?
*If you were to die tonight, would you go to heaven? Why?
*Do you know for certain that you have eternal life and that you will go to heaven when you die?
* Have you ever thought about where a man goes after he dies?
*Are you prepared to die?
*How do you think a man can prepare to die?
4. The Request
*May I take just a few minutes and share with you how you can be sure to go to heaven when you die?
*May I take a few moments and share with you some spiritual truth that has changed my life?
*You know, there was a time in my life when I was filled with uncertainty about these things we’re discussing but then something happened that has changed my life, may I share it with you?
5. The Roman Road
A. Man has a sin problem
B. Sin Carries a penalty
C. God has provided a way to pay your penalty
D. You must personally respond to God’s provision
6. The Invitation
*Are you ready right now to give your life to Jesus Christ?
*I want to pray for you. (As you are praying stop and ask the person if they are willing to give their life to Christ to reach out and take your hand. If they do, then lead them in a simple prayer of faith and trust that contains the truths of the Gospel.)
7. Follow up
*If they prayed to receive Christ share with them the importance of baptism and Church membership, Daily Bible reading, prayer, and witnessing.
*If they did not pray to receive Christ, assure them of your love and continued prayer. Leave the door open for future contact. You have planted seed that may come to harvest later.
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin