Help! I’m Having Problems in My MarriageBy
HELP! I’m Having Problems in My Marriage
By Eddie Lawrence
Here are some suggestions which I feel are rooted in Scripture that will help provide some guidance for married couples facing tough times in their marriage relationship.
1. DEAL WITH DISAGREEMENTS QUICKLY
A. Learn to communicate which means speaking with loving honestly and listening with loving honesty. Learn to listen with your heart and your ears.
B. Avoid the “Let’s not talk about it!” trap.
C. Be sensitive as to when and how to discuss the disagreement.
2. CONCENTRATE ON THE AREA OF MOST CONCERN
E. Extended Family?
3. RECOGNIZE THE STRESSORS FOR THE SEASON YOU ARE IN AND ACCESS GOD’S GRACE TO DEAL WITH IT.
– There are seasons that can change the dynamic in a marriage. For example, when a child comes along, when there is a job change, when sickness strikes, etc.
4. KEEP CHRIST AT THE CENTER OF YOUR MARRIAGE
A. Men love your wives as Christ loves the Church.
B. Wives respect your husbands.
5. IDENTIFY THE AREAS YOU HAVE MOST NEGLECTED IN YOUR MARRIAGE.
6. EACH SPOUSE SHOULD DETERMINE WHAT PART OF THE PROBLEM BELONGS TO YOU AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE IT.
8. LEARN HOW EACH OF YOU ARE WIRED DIFFERENTLY
-A great resource for this is the 5 Love Languages. (Google it for more info)
9. REALIZE OLD WOUNDS ARE NOT ALWAYS HEALED WOUNDS.
-Seek the grace, forgiveness, and mercy needed to deal with it and let it go.
10. BE WILLING TO LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCES OF OTHERS
-Thinking it could never happen to you is dangerous thinking.
-Thinking it has never happened to anyone else is also dangerous.
11. BE WILLING TO DIE TO YOURSELF AND GO WHERE YOU DON’T WANT TO GO AND DO WHAT YOU DON’T WON’T TO DO.
-This is what is demanded by sacrificial love. The laying down of one’s self for another.
12. REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH TOUGH TIMES AND BE STRONGER BECAUSE YOU DID.
13. DON’T ALLOW THE CULTURE AROUND YOU TO DRAW YOU AWAY FROM YOUR MARRIAGE INTO AN UNNECESSARY DIVORCE.
-Divorce should be the last option and only after much counsel has been sought.
-Our culture has made it to quick and easy for marriages to be dissolved.
14. WHEN TROUBLE HITS YOUR MARRIAGE, ASK WHO OR WHAT REALLY HAS YOUR HEART?
15. REMEMBER COMMITMENT AND TRUST ARE TWO IMPORTANT PILLARS THAT MAKE A MARRIAGE LAST.
16. ANCHOR IN ON THE PROMISE THAT LOVE NEVER FAILS.
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin